HP Envy 5543 Cartridges Installation and Replacement:
Make sure you replace the HP envy 5543 e-all-in-one ink cartridges whenever the ink levels are critically low. If you have signed up with HP Instant Ink programs, HP sends cartridges automatically, as and when your cartridges are low on ink.
Steps to replace HP Envy 5543 Ink cartridges:
- Check whether your printer is switched on.
- Open the cartridge’s access door and wait until the cartridge carriage stops moving.
- Open the cartridge slot and pull the cartridge up.
- Unpack the new cartridge and remove the protective tape.
- Make sure you hold the cartridge in an upward angle and slide it smoothly until it clicks.
- Close the scanner lid and follow onscreen prompts to start the cartridge alignment process.
For more information regarding ink cartridges, refer your Envy’s printer manual.
For more information regarding HP envy 5543 ePrint click here.
123 HP Envy 5543 Wireless Printer Setup
HP Envy 5543 e- all-in-one Printer Wireless Setup:
HP Envy 5543 supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and PIN methods of wireless setup.
The initial setup of your HP Envy 5543 e- all-in-one printer can be done, using the instructions on the printer manual.
If you have a wireless router which supports WPS mode, then you can follow the WPS mode of wireless setup.
If your wireless router doesn’t support WPS, then you can go to the Wireless setting menu method, of the wireless setup instead.
HP Envy 5543 Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS):
- Press and hold the Wireless Button on the printer.
- After the above step, the wireless light in the printer starts blinking.
- Press WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on your wireless router.
- After the above step, the wireless setup will initialize and it will take 2-3 minutes to complete.
PIN or Wireless setting Menu method:
- Press the Wireless Button on the printer’s control panel.
- Go to Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- Enter your details, such as network username and password during the setup process.
- Insert your printer drivers CD-ROM, to install HP Envy 5543 printer driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
Envy 5543 Printing With Windows 10 Mobile
You can directly print documents or images from your Windows 10 Mobile device, to your HP Envy 5543 printer.
- Make sure that the HP Envy 5543 printer and your Windows 10 Mobile device are connected to the same wired (Ethernet) or wireless network.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on your Windows 10 Mobile device, and connect it to your wired or wireless network.
- Open the document or an app like email, which has the file you want to print.
- Click on the Print icon .
- After the above step, a print preview screen appears in which you can select your 123.hp.com/envy5543 printer and change any print settings, if necessary.
- Once the necessary changes are made, click Print.
- It also gives you options like number of copies, color of the print, paper size, paper range and orientation.
If the print job doesn’t get printed then, it could be due to the following issues;
- Poor or no network available
- Power saving mode is ON
- Printer is OFF
To cancel a print job:
To cancel or check the status of a print job, follow the steps below,
- Go to print queue on your Windows 10 mobile by tapping the Print icon.
- Swipe down the display, the current print jobs are displayed.
- Select the print job that you want to cancel, and then tap Cancel.123.hp.com/envy5543.
⋆ Envy 5543 Tips For Print Success ⋆
Tips for ink and paper
- Use the original HP 5543 ink cartridges.
- Make sure the cartridges have sufficient ink. The estimated ink levels can be seen from the Home screen by selecting INK
- Always load a stack of paper, not just the one page. Use clean and flat paper of the same size. Only one type of paper must be loaded at a time.
- Correct the paper-width guides, in the paper tray to fit properly against the stack of paper, such that they do not bend or crush the paper in the tray.
- Set the print quality and paper size settings according to the type and size of paper loaded in the tray. More on HP ink cartridges, paper and HP setup and HP support at 123.hp.com/envy5543.
HP Envy 5543 printer settings tips (OS X)
- On the Print dialog, from the Paper Size pop-up menu select the size of paper loaded in the HP printer.
- On the Print dialog, from the Paper Type/Quality pop-up menu and select the required paper type and quality.On the Print dialog, from the Paper Type/Quality pop-up menu and select the required paper type and quality.
- To print a black and white document with only black ink, select the Paper Type/Quality, click Color Options, and select Grayscale from the Color pop-up menu.
HP Envy 5543 printer settings tips (Windows)
- On the Paper/Quality tab, select the required paper type from the Media drop-down list of Tray Selection.
- Select the required print quality in the Quality Settings area.
- Select the paper size from the Paper Size drop-down list in the Advanced Options.
- Access the Advanced Options box by the Advanced icon on the Layout or Paper/ Quality tab.
- To change default print settings, select Print & Scan , and then select Set Preferences in the HP Envy 5543 software.
- Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in the left corner in the lower part of the Start screen, and then select the HP printer name, HP Envy 5543.
- Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, select All Apps on the app bar, and then click the icon with the HP printer’s name, HP Envy 5543.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All Programs HP HP PRINTER (HP Envy 5543)
- To print a black and white document using black ink only, click the Advanced button. From Print in Grayscale menu, Black Ink Only is to be selected and OK clicked. 123.hp.com/envy5543.