Printing with Windows 10 mobile
You can directly print documents or images from your Windows 10 Mobile device, to your HP printer.
- Make sure that the HP Envy 5543 printer and your Windows 10 Mobile device are connected to the same wired (Ethernet) or wireless network.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on your Windows 10 Mobile device, and connect it to your wired or wireless network.
- Open the document or an app like email, which has the file you want to print.
- Click on the Printicon .
- After the above step, a print preview screen appears in which you can select your printer and change any print settings, if necessary.
- Once the necessary changes are made, click on Print.
- It also gives you options like number of copies, color of the print, paper size, paper range and orientation.
If the print job isn’t printed then, it could be due to one of the following reasons;
- Poor or no network available
- Power saving mode is ON
- Printer is OFF
To cancel a print job:
To cancel or check the status of a print job follow the steps below,
- Go to print queue on your Windows 10 mobile by tapping the Print icon.
- Swipe down the display, the current print jobs are displayed.
- Select the print job that you want to cancel, and then tap Cancel.
HP Envy 5543 e- all-in-one Printer Windows 10
Follow the simple steps given below to resolve the print issue that comes up after upgrading your computer to Windows 10.
Restart your printer and computer after upgrading.
Restarting the computer loads all the drivers and latest updates correctly.
Step 1: Make sure all the Windows updates are installed properly:
As part of the Windows 10 upgrade process, software updates are provided to your computer and its connected devices. If the software update failed to install, then your printer might not work properly.
To ensure that all updates are properly installed on your computer, follow the steps given below,
- Go to Windows Update section on your Windows 10 computer, by searching for it in the Windows search.
- On the Windows update page, if the updates are available, then download and install it to your computer, by clicking the Install button as shown in the image given below.
- After performing the above steps, you should be able to print, but if you still face any issues, or if the updates are not available on your Windows OS then, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor :
- HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free diagnostic tool from HP which helps resolve issues with printing and scanning.
- The latest version of HP Print and Scan Doctor can be downloaded from here.
- After downloading the tool, install it onto your computer and perform a quick scan.
- The tool performs several troubleshooting tasks and tries to fix the issues of your printer.
Step 3: Set your HP printer as default :
If you are connected to a network of many printers then, you must ensure that your HP printer is the default printer. To confirm that, follow the steps given below,
- On your Windows search, type devices and select Devices and Printers from the list of search results as shown in the image given below.
- On Devices and Printers, if your HP printer icon doesn’t have a green check mark then, right click on your HP printer and tap, set as default printer as shown in the image given below.
- The green check mark indicates that the printer is the default one.
Step 4: Uninstall the HP Envy 5543 driver and software
If the above steps don’t work then, try uninstalling the HP print driver and software from your computer.
- Disconnect any USB cable which is connected to the computer from the HP printer
- Go to Uninstall or change a program on your computer, and then check for HP printer in it.
- Click your HP printer’s name from the list of programs, and then click Uninstall or Yes.
- Complete the uninstalling process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer, after uninstalling the HP driver and software.
Step 5: Reinstall the HP Envy 5543 driver and software
- Once the above steps are done, install the latest version of the HP driver and software either by downloading it from 123.hp.com, or from the HP driver installation CD-ROM.
- The latest version of the full feature software comes with updates and fixes, which ensure the smooth functioning of your HP printer.
- After installing the latest version of the HP driver and software, try restarting your computer and the HP printer. This will ensure the driver loads properly onto your system.
- After completing the above steps, open a document and try taking a print with your HP printer.