- HP Envy 100 Setup
- HP Envy 100 Wireless Setup
- HP Envy 100 Driver Software
⋆ 123 HP Envy 100 Printer Review ⋆
123 HP Envy 100 Pros.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Cloud Printing
- Automatic Duplexer
123 HP Envy 100 Features
- Touch Screen Panel
- Borderless Printing
- Energy Star
- Mobile Printing
123 HP Envy 100 Cons.
- No Ethernet Port
- No FAX
- Relatively Slow
- Not intended for Business Use
123 HP Envy 100 Printer
Learn More 123 HP Setup
First Time Printer Setup
- Remove the tapes on your printer after taking it from the packaged cardboard box
- Take the printer manual which comes with your HP printer and read the instructions carefully.
- Setup your HP printer according to the printer manual provided with the printer.
- You can also download HP printer manual at 123.hp.com/envy100 or support.hp.com/us-en
HP Envy 100 Setup and Installation
- After setting up your printer, install the latest HP printer driver using the driver installation CD that comes bundled with your 123 HP printer.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection since, for using some of the features like HP ePrint an active internet connection is needed.
- For more information regarding setup and installation, check the printer manual which can be downloaded from our website.
- Go to 123.hp.com/envy100 and download the latest updated driver for your Windows computer.
123 HP Envy 100 Help
Step by Step Tutorials
Wireless Setup of HP Envy 100 Printer
- Download the latest version of driver from setup or you can Install the HP Envy 100 wireless setup using the installation disc.
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup 100 from your browser. Enter your printer model number in the box mentioned and click Begin.
- Double click on the downloaded driver software setup file to launch the driver installation.
- Click Next and follow the instructions for completing the HP ENVY 100 driver software installation on your Windows computer.
How to Connect HP Envy 100 Wireless Setup
HP ENVY 100 WI-FI DIRECT PRINTING
Wi-Fi Direct, lets you print wirelessly from a computer, smart phone, or any other wireless-capable device, without having to connect to a wireless network, find more of wireless HP setup at 123.hp.com/envy100.
For using Wi-Fi Direct
- Your computer must have the HP Envy 100 software installed which can be found at 123.hp.com/envy100.If not you can connect to Wi-Fi Direct and then install the HP printer software. Select Wireless as the connection type, when prompted.
- For a mobile device, you must have installed a compatible HP printer printing app.
- Wi-Fi Direct can be enabled in two modes:
- The Automatic mode lets any mobile device to connect to the HP Envy 100.
- The Manual mode asks for a confirmation of the mobile device at the HP Envy 100 control panel This provides increased security for the HP printer.
- Up to five devices, computers or smartphones or tablets, can use a Wi-Fi Direct connection at a time.
- The HP Envy 100 can connect through Wi-Fi Direct, when it is wirelessly connected or connected through an USB cable to the computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct connection will not connect a computer, mobile device, or HP Envy 100 to the Internet. More on wireless HP setup, and troubleshooting at 123.hp.com/envy100
To enable Wi-Fi Direct
- From the HP Envy 100 control panel, click the Wi-Fi Direct button.
- Select Settings, and then click on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Click the Back option.
- The Wi-Fi Direct Details, with the Wi-Fi Direct name and password, appears.
HP Envy 100 Scanner Setup
Scan to a computer
To scan to a computer from your HP printer, you must have installed the HP Envy 100 software. The HP Envy 100 and computer must also be connected and ON.
To enable the scan to a computer feature (Windows)
The scan to a computer is enabled by default. Full driver required to access scan through the connected computer, download it at 123.hp.com/envy100.
- If not:
- For Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow, on the lower left corner of the Start screen and select your HP Envy 100 printer. Click Utilities.
- For Windows 8: Right-click on an empty space in the Start screen, Right-click on an empty space in the Start screen, and select All Apps, printer name, and then click Utilities.
- For Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the desktop, click Start, All Programs, HP, and select the folder with your HP printer’s name.
- In the Scan section, select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Select Enable.
To enable scan to a computer feature (OS X)
- Open HP Utitlity.
- Choose Scan to Computer under Scan settings.
- Select Enable Scan to Computer for your HP printer.
Scan from Control Panel:
The following procedure helps you scan an original document from the HP Envy 100 control panel
- Load the original document, on the right front corner of the scanner glass, print side down.
- Select Scan.
- Select the computer that you want to save the scan to.
- Choose the required type of scan and press OK.
123 HP ENVY 100 PRINT SETUP
HP ENVY 100 PRINT PHOTOS
To print a photo from the HP Envy 100 software (Windows)
- Load the photo paper into the tray, and select Print.
- Select your HP printer.
- Open Properties.
- Select the required options and then click Print. The procedure for printing documents is same and can be found at 123.hp.com/envy100.
To print a photo from the computer (OS X)
- Click File and then Print.
- Select your HP printer.
- Set the print options, like paper size or orientation.
- Select any other settings you want, and then click Print.
HP Envy 100 Print Quick Forms
HP Quick Forms is a free feature offered by HP. It makes your HP printer capable of printing different templates, without using the computer connected to the HP Envy 100. You can print calendars, graph paper, games, notebook paper, check lists, music paper, even Sudoku puzzles using Quick Forms. HP Printables, and more on HP setup and HP support can be found at 123.hp.com/envy100
- From the Home screen on the HP Envy 100 display, click Quick Forms.
- Click to select one of the Quick Forms options.
- After you have selected the type of form you want to print, select the number of copies and click Print.
HP Envy 100 Print On Both Sites (Duplexing)
The automatic two-sided printing mechanism (duplexer), lets you print on both sides of a paper automatically. Check if your HP printer has duplexing function at 123.hp.com/envy100
To print on both sides of the page
- From the HP Envy 100 software, select Print.
- Select your HP printer.
- Open Properties.
- Select the required options.
- Click OK to print.
NOTE: After one page of the document has been printed, the HP Envy 100 loads the paper again, to print automatically on the other side.
To print on both sides of the page (OS X)
- From the File menu select Print.
- In the Print dialog, select Layout from the pop-up menu.
- Select the type of binding for your two-sided pages, and click Print.
HP Envy 100 Print Form Your Mobile Device
HP mobile printing technology lets you print from your smartphone or tablet to your 123 HP printer easily.
- Mobile device and HP Envy 100 must be on the same network.
- Select the photo or document to print, and select your HP Envy 100 printer
- Confirm print settings and print.
Apple’s AirPrint, supported by iOS 4.2 and Mac OS X 10.7 or later, can send prints wirelessly to the HP Envy 100 from your iPad (iOS 4.2), iPhone (3GS or later), or iPod select (third generation or later).Detailed connection procedures for Airprint with troubleshooting available at 123.hp.com/envy100.
Supported mobile applications:
- Third-party applications like Evernote.
To use AirPrint, the HP printer, Envy 100, in which AirPrint is enabled must be connected to the network same as the one your Apple device is connected.
⋆ Envy 100 Print Using The Maximum DPI ⋆
The Maximum dots per inch (dpi) mode lets you print high-quality, sharp images on photo paper. Printing in maximum dpi takes longer and requires a big provision in disk space.To print in maximum dpi mode (Windows)
- Select Print.
- Select your HP Envy 100 printer.
- Open Properties. Then Click the Paper
- From the Media drop-down list, select the paper type and print quality required for the output.
- Click the Advanced tab button seen.
- In the Printer Features area, from the Print in Max DPI drop-down list, select YES.
- Select the required paper size from the Paper Size drop-down list. Then Click OK
- Confirm the paper Orientation on the Layout tab, and then click OK to print. 123.hp.com/envy100
To print using maximum dpi (OS X)
- Select File and then Print.
- Select your 123 HP Envy 100 printer.
- Set the print options.Then Click Print.
⋆ Envy 100 Tips For Print Success ⋆
Tips for ink and paper
- Use the original HP 100 ink cartridges.
- Make sure the cartridges have sufficient ink. The estimated ink levels can be seen from the Home screen by selecting INK
- Always load a stack of paper, not just the one page. Use clean and flat paper of the same size. Only one type of paper must be loaded at a time.
- Correct the paper-width guides, in the paper tray to fit properly against the stack of paper, such that they do not bend or crush the paper in the tray.
- Set the print quality and paper size settings according to the type and size of paper loaded in the tray. More on HP ink cartridges, paper and HP setup and HP support at 123.hp.com/envy100.
HP Envy 100 printer settings tips (OS X)
- On the Print dialog, from the Paper Size pop-up menu select the size of paper loaded in the HP printer.
- On the Print dialog, from the Paper Type/Quality pop-up menu and select the required paper type and quality.On the Print dialog, from the Paper Type/Quality pop-up menu and select the required paper type and quality.
- To print a black and white document with only black ink, select the Paper Type/Quality, click Color Options, and select Grayscale from the Color pop-up menu.
HP Envy 100 printer settings tips (Windows)
- On the Paper/Quality tab, select the required paper type from the Media drop-down list of Tray Selection.
- Select the required print quality in the Quality Settings area.
- Select the paper size from the Paper Size drop-down list in the Advanced Options.
- Access the Advanced Options box by the Advanced icon on the Layout or Paper/ Quality tab.
- To change default print settings, select Print & Scan , and then select Set Preferences in the HP Envy 100 software.
- Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in the left corner in the lower part of the Start screen, and then select the HP printer name, HP Envy 100.
- Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, select All Apps on the app bar, and then click the icon with the HP printer’s name, HP Envy 100.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All Programs HP HP PRINTER (HP Envy 100)